A study recently conducted by Corporate Visions polled more than 440 marketing and sales professionals. The study showed that the biggest problem marketers are facing is generating sales-ready leads. The study also showed that only 20% of marketers had confidence in the effectiveness of their B2B demand gen program. The remaining 80% pointed to a lack of engaging or provocative content as the source of the problem.
All of the data raised a question: Are demand gen programs more engaging or effective with polls?
Mani Iyer, the CEO of Kwanzoo said, “Adding an email rich media poll for a B2B customer normally increases email engagement by 30% as more prospects click from the email to the landing page.”
What we can gather from this is that the prospect replies and views the rich media poll results. That also means the prospect’s reply can be tracked for future nurturing campaigns. All of which points to a lead being moved through the sales funnel quicker with a much more highly effective nurturing campaign.
So using the information collected in the study, what would happen if you were to send 30,000 B2B emails with a rich media poll? You should receive 5% or 1,500 poll clicks. These prospects are then added to different nurturing streams which accelerate the process of prospect qualification.
What does this mean for those of you currently using whitepapers on your website for prospects to download? It means that it’s time to start using some dynamic content by creating an interactive poll that focuses on your customers. Collaborate with sales on your demand generation plan to provide more engaging content that they can also use. Working together you will not only drive more engagement, you will ultimately drive more revenue.